View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 12:38 AM   #457 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
So what I got out of all of that is your official deadline to submit your notes is 5 pm on Friday - which you missed. Your supervisor gives you an extended deadline of midnight - which you missed. Yet you say you always turn your reports in on time. Except you aren't and a lot of other SLPA's don't either. That isn't just a criticism of you - it is an opportunity improve AND to stand out in a good way.

You also said your previous supervisor complained about getting lots of notes late on Friday night. It seem like a good bet that your current supervisor also doesn't want to spend her Friday nights doing paperwork because her employees missed their deadline but still want to get paid on time.

SO... It seem like a pretty easy way to become the office MVP would be to turn your notes in on time. You could turn them in at the end of each day after you have seen the client. Yes, maybe Friday afternoon clients would be after that official deadline but I'm sure your supervisor would rather get a couple of client notes after the official deadline than a whole weeks worth.

Then when you supervisor is reviewing notes at 11 pm on Friday night she can think - "If all my SPLA's were like Xist I could go out and have some fun on a Friday night instead of doing paperwork all night"