Thread: Lift
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
If you have the color photo from Honda, of the Insight undergoing smoke flow testing in their wind tunnel, you'll be able to discern compromised flow over the hatch.
Get away from the PC and do some testing. You say you have the car - well, test it then.

Then we can compare, for the Insight:
  • measured front and rear lift
  • pressures above and below the car
  • separated and attached flow patterns.

You'll find then that a great deal of what you say is simply wrong.

Quote:
Turbulence cannot conduct pressure. Even burble-point is problematic. Pressure over the entire hatch area takes on the pressure of the separation line if it exists. The closer the separation is to the suction peak, the lower the pressure over all the roof behind it.
I am sorry, but this is largely meaningless in the context of the Insight. (Is 'burble point' another of your invented terms?)

Quote:

I own this car. I've never experienced objectionable driving behavior.
A neighbor's father in law, from which I bought the car, obtained 3-Wheeler's Insight boat-tail and 80-mpg HWY is not uncommon for him. And he reports no adverse driving behavior.
Well, all that I can say is that you must have a quite limited experience in driving a variety of cars. I love the Insight, but to suggest that its on-road behaviour in standard form is good is just garbage.

The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (09-23-2020)