View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 08:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
There's a reason I bring it up.
We're in subsonic flow and any change, anywhere, according to Hucho has implications to elsewhere around the vehicle.
And specifically as to spoilers, Schenkel's spoiler research ( also in Hucho's 2nd-Ed. ) revealed that a rear spoiler altered the pressure under the car as well as over the boot.
I'm not marginalizing your efforts, it's just that, without a full accounting, the total effect remains an unknown quantity.
Forgive my exasperation, but I spent 4 hours, including the trip to the hardware store for materials to mount the pitot tube in freestream air above the car when my first apparatus failed, out of my very busy schedule (full-time job, half-time in school, and teaching part-time at another school) gathering this data only for you to chime in with your opinion that it is worthless, as you have criticized JulianEdgar on this forum before in an attempt to discredit any sort of on-road testing, even stooping to personal attacks as recently as this very afternoon. I don't know what axe you're trying to grind here; I don't think it is worthless, and if adding the spoiler lip has increased pressure under the car--well, I'll be measuring that soon and doing what I can to mitigate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobnev View Post
Vman455 -

Is this the fancy Prius with the auto leveling headlights? I'm asking because I read it has a rear ride height sensor.
Unfortunately, no--I added the LED headlights aftermarket, but not the auto-leveling. The OEM ride height sensor is $200+, a little rich for me, so I'll probably try to fab something up like JulianEdgar has done or use some other sort of (cheaper) distance sensor to measure ride height.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-02-2020)