View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 11:27 PM   #100 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
But don't take my word for it. Go and read any mainstream textbook on car aero and see how much space they devote to these 'ideal' shapes - let alone, just one of them!

People here are so lost in the world of templates that they seem to have forgotten reality!
Why shouldn't I take your word for it? You've got the brains and do the work, and your work looks really good.

But I can read. I see your "OMG, the horror, the Insight doesn't meet the template!" I also see "Look at how I improved the Insight." ... by bringing it closer to the template.

Pick one reality. Put your Insight mods against the template. But if you insist on "putting no more into it than I see done here", then post a good profile pic of your Insight so we can. If you won't even do that, leave. Go away. We'll call Darin in to delete all your spammy looking book links.

I'd rather they not be spam, though. Because you do really good work. You improved the first gen Insight, but you're pissed off that other people have also put time into aero work. Can't we all just get along? You're doing great work, why the need to trash other work? Ecomodder is a place to share so that everyone doesn't have to reinvent the wheel. A lot of good work has been done already, and a lot of it has been shared here. You've been adding to that.

Really, though- look at your Insight pic that didn't meet the template, and look at your personal Insight with your own spoiler. It looks like you wanted the Insight to meet the template.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%