Thread: Guessing
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 08:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,585 Times in 7,069 Posts
People call an octothorpe a hash, doesn't make them right. aerohead hasn't changed his handle yet, has he?

You haven't used my proper name yet. Please don't if you can find it, that's considered Doxing on Internet. And that's bad.

Thought.co seems reputable enough in their domain. On Internet, I'd follow the W3C Internationalization Working Group:
Quote:
BY THE WAY
A note on sorting
The treatment of small words such as "von", "de", and "van" brings additional complexity to sorting. Sometimes the prefixes are significant, other times they are not.
I couldn't find the classic article on designing input fields for names. They can start with apostrophes and High-ASCII characters.

The handle that a properly named individual is asked for when they sign up to EcoModder doesn't have to be capitalized. That is the nature of a handle or avatar, as it should be. Two of the three legs Internet stands on are anonymity and authentication (the third is cryptocurrency).

You had to provide identifying information to Google to sign up here. You didn't have to use your proper name and you shouldn't disparage people who choose not to.

Anyways, nobody is going to stop you being a b*tthole about it.