View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 03:14 PM   #84 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
I just wanted to check my e-mail on my laptop before writing progress reports with Mom's, but even that was a struggle. I could have put my saved passwords on a flash drive, but since I can create an account with the company that makes my browser and save my passwords I decided to do that.

Of course, that took far too long!

I also created an account on Mom's laptop, but she does not have an administrator account. I kept looking up how to create a new account and Windows didn't show the options the web did.

I finally created a new local account, but I need to upgrade it.

It keeps telling me to put in Mom's PIN.

I want to put in my own PIN!

Microsoft and Yahoo hassled me about my accounts. I look forward to dealing with this with the rest of my accounts and then when I buy my own laptop.

The only place selling the Asus VivoBook cheaper was eBay, but I would rather deal with Amazon. However, I did find out that the AMD version, which costs $20 more, comes with a 256 GB SSD, of course has a graphics card, and is an ounce or two lighter.

Userbenchmark.com says the Intel CPU is 13% faster, but the AMD graphics are 83% faster.

Also, the AMD version comes with Windows Home instead of Windows Stupid. I wasted far too much time switching Mom's laptop from Stupid to Home, but she could not remember her Hotmail password, and I ended up creating a new e-mail account.

I know my Hotmail password! I totally know my Hotmail password! It is [censored]!

All right. I am ordering the AMD one and starting my progress reports!