View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 07:23 PM   #89 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
I brought out my old laptop hoping to connect it to the ethernet while I waited for my client to connect, but my new one didn't connect to the house wifi, so I put aside the old one and waited for my client to connect. However, we had a terrible connection. I couldn't understand what they were saying, I wasn't sure they could comprehend me, and the video kept freezing, so I connected with my old laptop, and all of a sudden we had a great connection!

Unfortunately my files were on my other laptop, which has slow wifi when it is next to the router.

My external hard drives and flash drives were in the house. I went to attach the first one to a gmail notification, but it was taking too long to download, so I found it and downloaded it again.

I should have remembered that I needed another file. I cannot just refer to them on my other laptop, I share my screen, but that file was smaller, and I was able to transfer it that way.

This has a Celeron N3350 with 4 GB of RAM soldered to the motherboard, but I replaced the 500 GB hard drive with an SSD the same size.

So, the oldest laptop in the house has the biggest hard drive?

It also has the lowest resolution, only showing 768p, while the others are full HD. I replaced it because it couldn't run Office [back when I had a license]. It was annoyingly slow with WPS Office.

It looks like this will work as long as I have ethernet. I set up wifi in my office when my sister brought her kids two weeks ago, but I couldn't connect with my laptop [I set it up with Mom's]. I tried to plug in Mom's laptop to double-check the password, but apparently the cable broke since I last used it.

My phone cannot connect to the house wifi.

My old laptop connects to the house wifi, it just says there isn't a connection. When I tell it to troubleshoot it says that I haven't chosen a wifi network even though I am connected to one.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and stuff before. I have only been able to connect to the wifi a couple of times. If I need to replace the wifi adapter NewEgg has it for $19.

I do not remember if there were any other problems. Mom's laptop is better in most ways and the only time that she uses it is for my brother's speech therapy, but the silly spoiled girl took the entire week off for her birthday.

I work on my birthday!

To-do:
  1. Apply for the CitiBank Visa [if there aren't annual fees, etc.]
  2. Order the Costco laptop [if everything goes well with CitiBank]
  3. Troubleshoot my old laptop again and find a good cable.
  4. Transfer my work files to both of the other laptops.
  5. Send back the most recent one and use Mom's until the Costco one arrives and use my old one when my brother has speech therapy.
  6. I guess that I need to use my Lenovo for a week to ensure they fixed it. If everything checks out, try to sell it on eBay for more than the replacement costs!