View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 03:02 AM   #90 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,219 Times in 1,710 Posts
Foiled again!

My old laptop ran fine with the ethernet, but I needed to pull up something on my newer laptop, so I set up the wifi, and the old laptop connected!

Unfortunately, it did not stay connected for terribly long. Then I spent hours following suggestions to solve "Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid configuration." I went through several pages, making obscure changes, rebooting, telling it to connect, putting in the password, telling it to not make my laptop discoverable, only for it to tell me that I cannot connect. Then I ran the troubleshooter and it said "You have not chosen to connect to any of the available networks."

Liar!

I must have gone through that at least twenty times. It seemed like I tried everything they suggested and I felt that it was time to pack it up, turn off the lights, close up the shed, and get ready for bed, needing to wake up early to make Boom Cards for eight different goals.

Seriously, who uses the same medium for every single activity? I could leave my speech bag at home and find apps for everything, but I am a better therapist than that!

Then I am supposed to see two clients in-person.

My sister is up here with her kids, so there will probably be some interaction, and I really need to write my progress reports!

So, my shed wifi was all set up and the light is green, but after all of my troubleshooting I found a Belkin cable in an unopened package, but my laptop still didn't connect, and I tried all four ports!

That was when I realized that my newer laptop is connected to the house wifi, which is about 60 feet away. I couldn't connect to the router inches from it. I plugged the ethernet cable into the old laptop and set up a hotspot.

I guess I don't need this router!