View Single Post
Old 10-10-2020, 06:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
Build it to task, then make its shape as clean as you can.

That's why I'm such a fan of the template- it tries to be universal, and it gives a guide for improvement. Only real testing can say for sure, but the template is a good staring place. It's not the best goal for modding any particular platform, but it's a good benchmark: if the first version of your boattail isn't an attempt to reach the template, an explanation why might be in order. If your first version was, and your third (or fourth) and final version isn't, then I'll be very interested to learn about why. That's a great way to move forward.
I am sorry, but you don't seem to have taken anything on board from the first post in this thread.

The Template gives absolutely zero valid guidance to making modifications on cars. It is not a benchmark; it is quite irrelevant.

Read any SAE paper on the aero development of a specific car. The use of a standardised shape is never even mentioned.

Read any current textbook on car aerodynamics. Standardised, ideal shapes are given a few pages out of perhaps 500.

Seriously, in what you have written, you've quite lost the wood for the trees.
The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-12-2020)