View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 06:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
diesel_john
MP$

Send a message via MSN to diesel_john
Smile

I have a windmill that pumps air to the bottom of my pond 24/7, it weights over 300 pounds. cars have to be much lighter, but the windmill could be at home compressing air or charging batteries.
some of the hybrids have the motor built in to the engine flywheel, but engine doesn't turn until started.

"waxy" in WWII they had DC generators that were about 10hp the generator would start the 1 cyl. engine as a motor and then become a generator to make a power supply for their 24vdc equipment. back in the 60's I used one for several years as a motor on farm equipment. no controller it was either full on or off. so it has been done. if the motor/generator was small enough so it wouldn't fry the tires, it could used with just an on/off contactor and clutch, it would be rather jerky, but if hooked directly to a rear wheel it would be to bad, like a golf cart. Also I had an 8 hp lawn tractor and the generator had real heavy windings, it actually was used to as a starter to start the engine with its 12vdc battery.

pedestrian right will definitely improve as more and more of us become them.

Last edited by diesel_john; 01-21-2008 at 07:31 PM..