View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 04:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
So.... More like this then?

aerohead and I used to speculate about what would have happened in the 1970s if the fiberglass kit car craze had offered up a Volkhart-Sagitta clone when Beetle chassis filled the wrecking yards. (My 2nd Beetle was a 1957 body on a 1966 chassis).

People were doing things like a steam engine (Mercury outboard block) back then.

Back To The Future wouldn't have had a DeLorean.

edit: I notice you don't need passenger space, so more Porsche Type 64?

Here's some inspiration: http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=94539

In 2014 one of Runge's Frankfort Flyers sold for US$84,900.

Quote:
Seller's notes: "Hand hammered aluminum sports racer reminiscent of the post WWII "aircraft racers" of Germany."
I build my cars in fashion with this era of motoring history. hammering out sheet aluminum over tree stumps and shot bags. followed by wheeling to finish.

This auction is for the commissioned build of car 3/5 of the "Frankfurt Flyer" in Spyder design. I personally designed and build the car entirely by hand in my barn in Minnesota. My cars are built specifically around the driver and his/her driving style. height/weight and personal preferences. The price of this auction includes:
Check out the pix:

Last edited by freebeard; 10-12-2020 at 04:44 AM..