View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 03:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
I spent around 20 min this morning replying to this , but it didn't go through, so I'm going to copy paste your questions:
The outer strakes of the diffuser looked like it could be better, other wise I like it.

Yes, the flow is awful back there. Nothing was entiely finished at the time of this test.
The diffuser only goes to the back of the gas tank, and I didn't have the underside panels installed.
The extention also was not fit well during the test, and there was a protrusion that was causing turbulence ( the tuft behind the wheel that is flowing upwards. )
I also didn't have a complete gap filler installed on the back sides of the wheels.
It was just open, and I had a bit of tape on the front side.

Is there a hole in the top of the extension?

If you mean to the left and right of the area just past the 3rd brake light, yes.
I have it open so that air has a way to escape if a sudden gust tries to tear it off, or bust the back window in the process.
During the test, I noticed tufts placed inside the Kammback flowed upward through the hole.

Interesting paint job btw.

I figure if people are going to stare and post pictures, I might as well make it useful for me and advertise my art.
People started calling it the Batmobile, so I thought what the hell. I'll play that up a bit.
( I added a small tail section like you see on bats )
Why is it that people see aerodynamic cars as looking like a Batmobile ?

Previous owner or was it done by you?

I'm the fool that did it. It used to be a really nice car

Have you had any trouble with L.E.O. for the clear part for the lights?

What is L.E.O. ?

I just had the clear pieces on for the test. In fact, they were just duct taped on, and removed moments later.
I don't drive with them on, because eventhough they are clear, the reflections and glare prevent you from seeing the lights fully.
They showed good attached flow, eventhough they are at the same angle as the strakes.
The other video has them removed.
Unfortunately, the camera was set to low res for that video.

I'm probably going to add an extension and haven't quite decided what I want to do with the lights.

For now, I may just create an air ramp.

Is this the same car?

Yup ! It used to be a really nice car.
Have a look at the turbulence around the wheels in the old video, compared to the new version with wheel gap fillers.
The air is quite a bit smoother.