View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 03:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Stubby79
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Well, that was interesting.

Just drove my first hybrid a few minutes ago. 2010 Prius...wow.

...just...wow...

Not a fair example to make any kind of judgement on Prius'...ex-taxi, unknown miles...looked good from a distance, and in the photos, but...well, I wasn't expecting much, when the next cheapest one for sale was 2.5x the price, but I kept my fingers crossed that it would be a good runner. I can fix everything else.

It wasn't. Poor thing. Couldn't get out of it's own way when I got a chance to floor it. Which is sad, considering I've seen some Prius' leave everyone else behind when the light goes green.

Almost flat tire, broken window, questionable mileage, filthy engine, non-existent history, not even insured...the first and last stopped me taking it on the highway (and should have stopped me trying it at all, but I like to live on the edge when I get a chance...).

I couldn't see well out the windshield...that, really, was the deal breaker. Though I might have put up with it if it ran as good as it looked in the pictures.

On the good side, I loved the engine turning itself off...I was stuck in traffic, I hate that my engine in my cars are just sitting there pissing away gas so that I'm ready to move 5 feet at a time.

And it supposedly has a rebuilt battery. No documentation, mind you.

I've had enough cars I can't see stop lights because I'm too tall for the windshield...I'll try a Leaf next. When I see one that's a steal. Which won't happen, unless it's been in an accident, or I luck out and am first in line at an estate sale...

Oh, and my little 290k Echo felt sooooo peppy after that. Perspective...made me love the little thing all over again.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stubby79 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (10-24-2020)