View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 11:31 AM   #163 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Prius Plug-in - '12 Toyota Prius Plug-in
90 day: 57.64 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)
Thanked 4,380 Times in 3,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Except for the ones that do die. I invite you to walk though a homeless camp if you think the homeless are fat and happy - I used to almost every day when I was going into work instead of working from home.
The number of people that die of hunger in the US is so small that the stat isn't even tracked. It occurs most often by accident where elderly or mentally/physically incapable people get neglected.

The homeless are mostly in despair due to addiction, mental problems, and regret. None of those things are fixed by free money.

I've lived among the homeless when they were in prison, lived with my cousin for 2 years who periodically lived homeless, and fed the homeless in Salem. I'm familiar with the homeless.

BTW, the thing that led to my cousin dying an early death was his inability to use free money wisely. When he was living with me and working a steady job he did great. When free money came his way he'd stop working, burn through the cash in days/weeks, and destroy his body.

Should people with mental deficiency be free to ruin themselves, or should some of their liberty be demanded of them to protect their health? It is interesting that we have arbitrarily chosen the age of 18 to convey most liberty/responsibility to an individual, as if age were the most important criteria for determining ability.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint5 For This Useful Post:
Ecky (10-28-2020)