View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 12:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Charlie Cheap
EcoModding Pro

Four Bangers

ElHigh, I am a recent convert to the smaller engines from the Street Rodding hobby. Even with V8s I built for economy. My wife is an orphan and I started life's journey in the Dallas housing projects. Neither of us had $$$. Now 54 years later we own everything, and have far more than we need, and I still try to build something challenging. The Sunbeam with an old 2.3 running points and a carb, seemed perfect. If I can make 110 plus HP, 130+ lbs. ft. torque, get mid 30's MPG, and do it in comfort, I will be happy. I have seen most of the United States from an old car(32 Ford coupe, 4 1940 Ford coupes, a corvette powered 35 Ford pickup, a chopped Pontiac tri-powered 34 Ford pickup, and a 1965 Mustang SIX), except the North West. We are retired and in decent health, so why not? The little four built for MPG and comfort, should keep 2 old corn-fed 70's plus folks (I may be 80) cruising in style. I witnessed true poverty from the flight deck of 3 carriers in the 1960's and know this is a blessed nation I want to see more of. I can think of no better way than driving a sportscar I built that runs clean, has plenty of HP, and is economical. And I still say my prayers at night.