View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 12:40 AM   #17 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Cheap View Post
Lower the car
This doesn't work out so well in Brazil. A few days ago I was with my mother and grandmother, and my grandmother got shocked to find out some crazy guys lower their cars to the point it drags to the pavement, damaging not only the car but also the pavement which becomes a PITA for everyone else

Quote:
Narrow front wheels reduce friction/drag
Even though 13" tyres became less usual recently, last year my mother considered switching from stock 14" to 13" due to the taller sidewalls for improved comfort. Well, 13" tyres as narrow as 145 became quite rare now, but the more common 165 and 175 are still not bad at all for that matter.

Quote:
The radiator fan causes engine drag, so use an electric fan, fan clutch, or flex-fan
Nowdays I see no reason for anything other than an electric fan to be used in a vehicle. Or even in a farm tractor.

Quote:
The AC compressor hurts, so upgrade to a more modern Sanden if your car has an old Ford York
Now that many cars are switching to 48-volt electrical systems and start-stop is also increasingly common, it's quite surprising that all-electric AC systems are not so widespread for cars as they are for RVs, and for big rigs too as it allows the driver to sleep with the engine turned off.

Quote:
DO NOT hang mufflers or any under car parts lower than the body line
More often the only cars I see with parts lower than the body line are either converted to CNG or wheelchair-accessible minivans.

Quote:
Replace the spare tire and jack with tire sealer/foot pump/tire plugs
This is another deal I'd be unlikely to try due to local riding conditions