View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
vaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
Aerohead, I can't post images ( using my Android phone ) , but I have a picture of the " shelf" just behind my rear taillights.
Both the oil drip test and the paint test showed flow in the same direction as later tuft testing confirmed, but in other areas, the direction of the fluid was completely off.
I placed the drip on top of the Kammback in a depressed area where a bolt was.
As I got up to speed, the air blew it out of the depression, but gravity seemed to overcome it more than the force of the wind.
I know in the past we have spoke about something to use for creating smoke for aero testing.
This is just an observation, but after seeing kids vaping and the HUGE clouds of highly visible smoke coming from just a simple puff, I can't help but wonder if something could be created to use the same stuff they use in these things.
I come up with some pretty absurd ideas sometimes.
I believe that the commercial smoke generators are just a larger version of a Vape 'cigarette.'
A heating element like a glow-plug in a Diesel heats propylene glycol to flash off the harmless white smoke.
Earlier, wind tunnels used heated SHELL's, 'ONDINA' oil to produce copious amounts of smoke.
A scale-model, locomotive power supply ( VARIAC ) might be a 'gateway' power supply to heat stainless steel wool, saturated in the glycol for home experiments.
The Halloween smoke generators are a version of the same.
Aroma therapy 'smoke' generators are too feeble.
Hydrosonic water vapor 'clouds' will condense before you can get any good out of them.
Hollywood special effects people also use 'smoke cookies'.
And there are smoke grenades, sport parachutists use, with up to around 50,000 cubic feet of smoke ratings.
Cd (10-28-2020)