View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 04:07 AM   #689 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,604 Times in 7,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlethargic
You brought Cornel West and Thomas Sowell into the thread ...
[citation needed] I guess. I know I've seen those names somewhere, I may have heard something from Thomas Sowell on the history of slavery; but I know nothing about them.

Here's an explainer on the Moral Compass test. I don't know Mr. Beat but I concur with his assessment and his recommended better tests. He turns it into entertainment at 3:35.

It's interesting in this election period to learn more about elections past. Like furinstance, that Tulsi Gabbard wasn't the first woman to run for President of the United States, just the best. The first was Victoria Woodhull

Quote:
A woman who led one of the most remarkable lives of anyone of her era despite being largely forgotten by history thanks in part to the fact that she was too extreme for even the women's rights and suffragists movements, who conveniently very intentionally wrote her out of their history despite her massive contributions to the cause. This is the story of Victoria "Badass" Claflin Woodhull and her vie for the office of President of the United States.
Underage female runs for President. Three times!