View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 11:51 PM   #315 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
How do I pour concrete for a tiny house\office and\or shed?

I remember someone saying to pour two trenches, one for each side, and I recall the poster being opinionated and abstract, so I am thinking that it was freebeard, but I scanned this entire thread and couldn't find anything. I am pretty sure that I had two or more threads on similar topics, but I looked through the threads that I started over the last year and didn't see anything.

Were I to put the existing shed on concrete, which is 8x14, I would need to move it first. I used round fence posts to roll the shed in order to put in the fence years ago. They have been in the backyard ever since.

Dad said that the shed needed to be 3' from the fences, but the city says 5'. Maybe it changed?

I am sure that I could jack up each corner, slide 4x4s under each corner, and rest those on other 4x4s, but unless I put it a couple of feet in the air, it would be completely impractical to dig trenches, put down gravel, pour concrete, and smooth it out.

It seems like people either put down masonry blocks or one slab, not two strips of concrete, but I don't see why I would want a slab.

Can I put down two pads 12-24" wide for each side and call it done?