View Single Post
Old 11-08-2020, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xist View Post
My friend's sister has an F250 for her five kids. I am confident that she uses it for work as a dental assistant.
Most likely a Transit Connect would serve her better and, even though it may be quite expensive proportionally to its size and the loading capacity of the F-250 for all those ghost bags and pulling power for a ghost trailer clearly has its appeal, sure the lower fuel consumption would make it easier to pay it off. Unless she could get one of those Indian or That tuk-tuks for an even lower fuel bill

Quote:
I recall her struggling to pay her bills, though. That must be independent of the car payments equal to a mortgage.
Even though a truck purchase is often pointed out to be convenient for both the manufacturers who do essentially the same as they did some 110 years ago, considering a truck is the closest to the basic layout of a Ford Model T with the body-on-frame RWD with a solid rear axle, and buyers who either do it for a self-indulgence or are convinced they could get a tax break, in the end it's still too expensive for most users to actually justify.

Quote:
So, absolutely, for all of the people with new trucks and live in mobile homes.
I must confess, if I had a parcel of land where I could install some "mobile" prefabricated home with a carport right beside it, I would consider it, and a truck if I had something to actually do with it, yet I would most likely consider a mid-size instead of full-size.