View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 04:32 AM   #147 (permalink)
GreenTDI
EcoModding Apprentice

GreenTDI - '11 Skoda Fabia Estate R3 1.2 CRTDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
Diesel
90 day: 65.02 mpg (US)
It's true that winter tires are bad for FE, but you get more safety in return. I'm only changing my wheels when they predict severe winter weather for a long time. But in Germany it's mandatory during the whole season I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinaad View Post

Do you have any other mods in mind? You have a 5speed transmission right? Is there a 6 speed available or longer gearing from the greenline models?
That's a good question. I've done all the mods that I had planned when I started this thread early this year ... I'm now waiting for the summer to see how it will affect FE.

There are a few adjustements that I want to complete this winter. Like removing the roof rails, antenna (+closing all that gaps) and seal the rear bumper at the bottom, because that thing acts like a parachute for the air that's going under the car.

As for the future:

It already has the long ratio 5 speed gearbox from the Greenline version. I'm sticking with that at the moment. If it should break down my plan it to look for an alternative. The same applies for the entire exhaust. There are a few options, all coming from the 1.6 TDI engine. The 1.2 TDI is actually a 1.6 TDI where they have cut off a cylinder, those parts should fit.

Oh yes, and if the AC is empty (could be after next summer) and no longer works I would like to remove it. I'm never using it. With the condenser removed, the engine cooling will improve, allowing to close the top grill completely for better aero. The weight reduction of about 20 kg on the front axle is also worthwhile.

Last edited by GreenTDI; 11-09-2020 at 04:59 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenTDI For This Useful Post:
COcyclist (11-09-2020), Leinaad (11-09-2020)