View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 10:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
ecossebloke
Building a Better World

Thank you for your measured reply

I appreciate that there are differences in how products are assessed and I also appreciate that up until a few months ago the Ethos FR people in the USA were obsessed with networking marketing. Whilst MLM is still part of the business model, the changes that have taken place have now opened them up to exactly the market I am seeking to develop in the UK - hence the developing local government customers like the 3 in Miami. I am pretty sure that they are just 3 of many more American councils to come.

I am aware, from my recent visit to Miami, that there are 2 technical reports being completed that should be available in the next 2 or 3 weeks, which I will be using to secure the funding to carry out UK based external evaluations.

For my part, I have been in discussion with an organisation called the Scottish Environment Technology Network (based within Edinburgh University) to develop this sort of external technical evaluation. I have also been in communication with the Fuel Task Force set up by the Scottish Government to try address the impact of huge fuel price rises in the Scottish fishing industry. I am advised that a mechanism for trialling and assessing products of this sort can now be applied for, as part of the wider European Union structural funding mechanisms.

I have also been advised by some of the local government and private sector people I have been talking to, to utilise the MIRA Labratory in the UK to be able to expose Ethos FR to the very sort of scrutiny you suggest. I have no fear as I do know that the product works.

The key thing for me at the moment is that these more scientific tests cost money and so my continued work with councils, government politicians and businesses I am currently working with will need to form the evidence to open up these funds. These tests are not cheap.

I note with some interest, from my recent visit, that 30 MPG seems to be hailed as a very good level of fuel economy for a basic saloon car in the USA. Over here, we see 50-60MPG for an estate car as a good level of economy. There is clearly a difference in culture.

However, I know from 18 months of using Ethos FR that it does exactly what it says it does on the bottle. I cannot vouch, of course, for every website or the extent to which others may have sought to emphasise certain aspects of the benefits of the product. I always work on a modest expectation of just 10% of a saving with my own customers - most of whom exceed that level to some degree.

I am genuinely trying to be helpful by adding my contribution into this discussion. perhaps if one of those who are sceptical would use the product in accordance with the instructions there would be a good basis to assess the value of the product.