View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 05:33 AM   #40 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

Huh, maybe I’m wrong, then. I assumed having the body split out into a buttress like that would create turbulence within the gaps, vs having a buttressed frame with panel covers. That’s an interesting idea.

Electrically-heated wheel spats seem like a good way to complicate a simple thing, no offence. I’m going to really study how and where snow builds up in the wheelwells and decide from there. It seems like there’s usually more buildup near the drive wheels, as they tend to spin out when losing traction. The rear wheels *seem* like they have less buildup. I want to determine just how much gets in there between the sides and the openings in front of and behind the wheels.

Is there a good thread available discussing grille block how-tos? I’d like to design a sliding block with a sheet of plastic and some spare bicycle shifter parts, but I’m not sure how to determine where the car needs most air.

Completely far-out, but I had a dream last night about a concept car. Single seater with a motorcycle engine, shaped like a wider velomobile meets a Cunningham C-4, but with a crazy airplane style cockpit. It had a variable height lift, which I used to ride up and out of the deep snow, and came back down to the lowest height after hitting the clean pavement. Maybe in 10 years I’ll pull that off, lol. Safety regulations be damned.