View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 01:17 PM   #62 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,586 Times in 7,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally, I was going to tuft-rest some Masito model cars in front of an electric fan...
Your friend likely use the term 'Reynolds number'.That's why air can be substituted with water. See ecomodder.com: Automotive Aerodynamics (video series).

The poster went on to working for Lucid Air designing the air intake plenum.

As to the box cavity, I think of it as an annular Gurney Flap, if you get my drift. Things get all counterintuitive. That Nissan pickup has an half-tonneau. It works better than a full tonneau on a pickup, I think it's because the whole cab becomes a Gurney flap/wickerbill
Quote:
Gurney flap
The Gurney Flap is a small tab projecting from the trailing edge of a wing. Typically it is set at a right angle to the pressure side surface of the airfoil, and projects 1% to 2% of the wing chord.
I pointed to the ECOfamily Civic as a cautionary tale. Cardboard is temporary. Any construction that includes wood is temporary. Coroplast is temporary. Metal and plastic are strongest together as a composite. Polymetal, MaxMetal or Alumapanel are your friends. Build quality affects the public's perception.

kach22i — the buccopharyngeal cavity of fishes is less germane than Shauberger. DDG:
Quote:
Viktor Schauberger: The Inexhaustible Power of Water
https://www.facts-are-facts.com/arti...power-of-water
The trout and salmon that swam in the mountain streams were another source of fascination for Viktor Schauberger. How on earth did they manage to stay stationary in the water, even in a mountain torrent in full spate? How could they escape, fast as grea*sed lightning, against the current, instead of letting themselves be swept away by it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
Ferrari, Lamborghini, Lotus, and Porsche have used them.
From a side elevation view, the rear of the greenhouse looks perfectly streamlined: slope, contour, tumblehome, upper edge radii, and boat-tailing.
However, when viewed from above, you see that it's an open space between these buttresses.
Unless they are ventilated, I'd call them sail panels. And include my favorite El Camino, the third generation.

The Following User Says Thank You to freebeard For This Useful Post:
JacobLeSann (11-15-2020)