View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 09:08 AM   #70 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

Interesting replies, thanks for all the support, diagrams, and explanation.
I’ve decided I’ll cut things short and focus on the simplest mods, or rather the ones that matter most for this weather and my time: A full undertray, a grille block setup, and some modified “poor man’s moon discs” OEM covers.

On that, I’ve figured the upper grille isn’t really that important, so I’ve cut a coroplast cover that I’ll rivet to it’s face. It’s flush with the grille insert, so there’s some gaps between it and the hood and such, but it looks cleaner than having coroplast edges overhanging.

Any good links for an adjustable lower grille block? If things are too complicated, I’ll just make a cheap partial block until the season ends, but a setup I can adjust mechanically from the cabin would be great. Then again, part of me wonders if a block could actually create more drag due to the lower grille being inset deep into the bumper. Granted, it would help a ton keeping snow from blasting into the radiator.

Sorry for stoking the fires of a new project idea lol, but I’m wanting to cut it short so I can put all my time into the velo project. Once that’s done, I’ll come back and tackle the bigger stuff.