View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
What are you all afraid of? Are you afraid your previous beliefs about aerodynamics will have to be rethought? Do you think you'll "regret" learning something new, as someone threatened in another thread (under different circumstances, but the sentiment is what I'm getting at)? Or is it just that the idea that the field of vehicle aerodynamics is actually simple (an idea which appears to be so far from the truth as to be laughable), which has been promulgated on this site for more than a decade, is now so entrenched that you all truly believe it and no contrary evidence will be tolerated let alone investigated? What is it?
1. People here have developed a whole approach to aerodynamics that is based on fundamental misapprehensions. To admit this is actually the case represents a massive loss of face. "You mean for all these years we were just writing - and believing - rubbish?"

2. Aerohead has great credibility here. You and I - and anyone else who reads any books or does any proper testing - know that, unfortunately, a great deal of what he writes is wrong. (And also, if the use here of the template is all wrong, ipso facto Aerohead must be wrong too.) "You mean our revered expert has been misleading us all these years?"

3. When you suggest that people take control of their own understanding by reading or testing for themselves, that is seen as an affront because it requires effort. "You want us to actually do something? I don't have any time / money / ability / etc."

Basically, people are so far down a rabbit hole that they can't get out - even if they wanted to, which I doubt.