View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 03:06 AM   #48 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby79 View Post
I, for one, have no interest in policing people for their misinformation. Well, usually.

I'm of an opinion that if people take things they read on the internet - or anywhere else - at face value, without doing their own research into the (likely or not) validity of it, it's their own damned fault.

I'm not remotely up-to-speed on aerodynamics, so who am I to condemn someone's thinking?

Get me on something I have been interested in enough to have a real point of view on, and yeah, I'll probably call someone out on their misinformation.

In other words...if you think you know better, then it's your job to call someone out on aerodynamics, not everyone else's.

I just hope you're in the right. Sucks to later find out you weren't.

Peace.
You missed the context.

Freebeard earlier said that he agreed with each of my points re how the template is misused here. That is, he is knowledgeable enough to realise the many errors in understanding being disseminated. But he chooses to say nothing.

I think that people who know better, but stay silent when others are being led astray, are part of the problem.

In your language, it is everyone's job to call out misinformation if they are aware it is being disseminated.

That seems a pretty basic idea to me....