View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
Wow that must be an incredibly powerful fan. My box fan (regular el-cheapo too) only pulls 13W on high! Maybe there is something wrong with yours?

The fan is just your everyday boxfan.

The fan that I have is one that I bought from my job at Lowes. I have also seen the fan at other stores as well like Walmart.

The brand is 'Lasko', and since they were so cheap ( $15), I thought I'd buy two of them so that I could have one blow in air while the other exausts it.

I confirmed the reading using a KillaWatt on both fans. The settings are 61 / 80 / 97 - 104 watts on low, medium, and high power.

Its no wonder my electric bill was so high ( 200 watts running all day ! )

The fan looks like any other boxfan out there.

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of buying one of these fans to save energy. Buy one that says it is EnergyStar rated !

I guess they use junk parts that are not very efficient.

As far as the A/C question, I had been told that it would take more power to cool my apartment when I came home to a hot house rather that just leave it on all day.
It didn't seem to add up for me either. It sounds like something a power company would tell people.

And regarding the question on the 'frig : What puzzled me is that even when my apartment was really cold, the 'frig still came on every fifteen minutes.