View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 12:05 AM   #109 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
So — I'll bite: What's number two?
As in, the template is the greatest misapprehension here - but what is the next greatest?

Without a doubt, the significance and action of aero pressures acting on panels.

When Vman455 showed some of the measured pressures on his Prius (data that immediately contradicted much of what Aerohead spouts), I was amused to see no-one actually 'got' the contradiction (or no-one who commented, anyway). I was amused but not surprised - because the same thing happens here when I show my Insight's measured body panel pressures.

Aerohead's ideas in this area are again quite wrong, and again they seem to have been adopted widely here. And - yet again - it's because people don't make measurements - if they did, they'd soon see reality for themselves.

A good example is the person from this group who commented on my 'don't use a template' video. He looked at the Jaguar's CFD pressures (shown in the video) and had them completely reversed! That's sure some misunderstanding.

And I might add, the reason for that complete misunderstanding can be related back to the silly template - you could see that's what he was trying to build his ideas on. But crap in = crap out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
aerohead (11-25-2020), freebeard (11-19-2020)