View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 09:22 PM   #190 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
When I was in high school there was a huge Spiderman crossover called Ultimate Carnage or something. The aforementioned bad guy formed a team and went on a rampage.

I had a subscription to Amazing Spiderman. As I recall, I picked up a copy of Spectacular Spiderman at my regular comic book store, but artwork was terrible and I didn't like the writing, so I just read parts of the story included in ASM, and presumably missed stuff.

I don't even know where I mentioned needing to mail stuff, but it might not have been my thread.

My various projects are spread over various threads. If I took the time to limit everything to its respective thread I would have even less time for projects!

I needed to send out:
  1. My gaming laptop with hardware problems for a warranty repair.
  2. My nephew's birthday present [late].
  3. My old distributor.
  4. Some men's shoes that shrunk to child-sized in the mail.
  5. A grow light that I bought for Mom that she refused to use.
  6. Some paperwork to claim hopefully adequate funds to buy myself lunch through MissingMoney.com.
I filled out the form for my gaming laptop, but Windows rebooted [without permission] and I needed to redo it.

I lost some black screws, replaced them with silver ones from a variety pack that I had, and then ordered black ones because sending in a laptop with mismatched screws is just embarrassing!

One Amazon return required a printed FedEx label. The other two specify not to package or label them, just bring them to a UPS store.

They came in boxes. Was I supposed to recycle those?

I am supposed to find some bar code on my phone and show that to the hired help.

I printed that. It always seems like it takes me too long to find things on my phone in front of people.

Since I wanted to use USPS, UPS, and FedEx, I found a store that did all three.

I ran out of time last Friday and asked Mom to mail my nephew's present, but she didn't. I kept running out of time this week and barely made it tonight.

That particular store sends UPS packages, but not Amazon returns, so I need to make the time tomorrow.

Hopefully I finally have my gaming laptop ready.

When I told Mom where I went she asked "Why did you go there?! I asked where you were going! Had you told me I would have told you that was the most expensive place on the mountain!"

She asks me what I am doing all the freaking time!

It cost $33.61 to ship a $40 box of Legos in a $20 piņata. I hope he likes it!

USPS.gov says that it would have cost $31.95 had I stood in a long line at the post office.

I was robbed!