View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 11:16 AM   #117 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
Dick Barnard et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
The reality is that not only was a professional aerodynamicist (Dick Barnard) used as a technical consultant throughout the book's development (reviewing every paragraph), but the book was also reviewed in detail by another three experts as it was being written (ie I sent them each chapter in turn and they wrote extensive comments).

Since publication, the book has been reviewed by a further three professional aerodynamicists (you know, like the current head of Porsche aero) who have also given me extensive feedback.

None of the feedback from these professional car aerodynamicists would cause me to change the book sections you say are incorrect.

So I could believe what five top experts in car aerodynamics tell me - or I could believe Aerohead on Ecomodder. Hard choice, I know.
* Can Mr. Barnard explain why automakers have designed new products, every product cycle, since 1987, which are more and more like the 'template' ?
* Can Mr. Barnard explain why the most expensive automotive products on the market today, incorporate the 'template' roof contour ?
* Can Mr. Barnard explain why the most recent production car of lowest drag happens to incorporate the 'template' contour? ( Figure 2-45, page-48, ' Modifying the AERODYNAMICS of Your Road Car.'
* And why some future products do also ?