View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 01:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
eagle
EcoModding Lurker

rozy - '09 Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Magnehelic gauge measurements

I am not sure if this or the "instrumentation" thread is more appropriate so mods please excuse me

I just had a morning drive to check if my magnehelic gauge was working and to start I checked if my oil cooler was receiving any air ; being behind the front bumper and only a small corner facing an opening

two 4mm tubes were installed one in front of the oil cooler and one behind facing downwards, then through a very small opening in my passengers window

results: With both high and low ports connected the gauge was showing 0, zero , nada , nothing

it added to my speculation that I had bought a faulty gauge. So I disconnected the low port and behold! 80 pascals
connected it again and dropped to zero again. removed it again and raised my speed from 80 to 100 km/h and was raised to 90 something

then for a final treat I tried opening the window to see any influence. and yes, once I opened it it went from 90 to 100+

so to sum up: does this mean my oil cooler does not receive any fresh air? it does but relative to the inside of the cabin (low pressure area? ) ...uhm....dont know

since this was my first measurements please be kind. I would also like to measure my water radiator, intercooler, and also hood pressures with this method but I am not sure what to expect

read a book of a member in here but I just want to be sure what I actually saw the gauge do

Last edited by eagle; 11-26-2020 at 02:03 AM..