View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 11:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
2016 Versa
EcoModding Apprentice

Little Blue Fuel Sipper - '16 Nissan Versa SV Sedan
Team Nissan
90 day: 45.75 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby79 View Post
Has this epidemic made for better or worse used car prices?
Seems to be generally worse. Higher prices.

I looked at another Versa a little over a week ago that had 29K miles. I could have bought it for $5300 but they did a poor job on a front end repair so we passed it up. The thing with buying rebuilt is you'll likely have to watch the market pretty closely for awhile but if you watch it long enough a good buy will likely come along. At least they do fairly often in this area. I've done some research in my area and found several independent dealers that deal in lots of rebuilt cars. Some do pretty good work others do as little as possible and it shows in the quality of their cars, yet they try to get the prices that some of the better dealers want. My wife isn't in any great hurry so we're willing to wait for the right deal. I saw an '18 Kia Rio the other week with 3K miles. If I recall correctly they were asking $5800. We didn't go look at it because I'm not too confident in Kia. Kia may be OK but I've never had much dealings with them or Hyundai. One of my cousins had a Kia she bought new. She always had it serviced regularly at the dealership and I think it had to have the transmission replaced at about 100K miles. My son's wife has a Hyundai but it's not old enough nor does it have enough miles on it to convince me of their longevity. I feel pretty confident in my Versa with the main worry being the longevity of the CVT but I plan to do fluid/filter changes every 30K miles hoping to keep it happy and on the road for many years. At least Nissan extended the warranty on the newer CVT's from 5/60-7/84 as a resolution to a class action law suit. Even mine with a rebuilt title was included in the extended warranty because I got a letter from Nissan with the VIN on it saying it was covered.

Here's a '15 Versa with 41K miles listed as excellent condition in Nashville about 60 miles from me. Their asking price is $5882. https://bgky.craigslist.org/ctd/d/na...228028429.html

Last edited by 2016 Versa; 11-30-2020 at 11:43 PM..