View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 03:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
2016 Versa
EcoModding Apprentice

Little Blue Fuel Sipper - '16 Nissan Versa SV Sedan
Team Nissan
90 day: 45.75 mpg (US)
Some of my cars have full size spares I've bought and put in them and others have donut spares. I don't trust being out on the road without a spare. I have plug kits but, usually if I have a flat on the road I'll go ahead and change the tire and repair it at home instead of trying to do it on the side of the road. About a week ago I was airing up the tires on my cars, it hadn't been long since I'd checked them but when I was airing them up one of them only showed about 20 PSI so I knew something wasn't right. Since I was home where I had access to my floor jack and was in a safe location I pulled the wheel off and found what looked to be a concrete nail in it. I put a plug in it, aired it up and all is fine. In 45 years of driving I've probably had less than 10 instances where I needed a spare but was glad I had it when needed. I remember at least 3 instances where the flat was either a blow out or the tire was ruined and plugs nor Fix A Flat would have done any good. All 3 of those times were on highway trips where I'd have had to be towed in and would have been an added expense. Driving without a spare in my trunk all these years wouldn't have saved enough gas to have paid for 3 tows.

Last edited by 2016 Versa; 12-01-2020 at 03:11 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2016 Versa For This Useful Post:
Ecky (12-01-2020), Vekke (12-02-2020)