View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 09:07 AM   #207 (permalink)
aardvarcus
Master EcoModder

Deep Blue - '94 GMC Suburban K2500 SLE
90 day: 23.75 mpg (US)

Griffin (T4R) - '99 Toyota 4Runner SR5
90 day: 25.43 mpg (US)
Aeromcaeroface,

If "any" aka infinite is required to prove, should six be sufficient to disprove?

A vehicle being optimized with tapered sides (top view) being compared to a roofline template (side view) isn't contrary evidence, more just a question of why someone thought it should be done....

I won't argue that it might not be "the best" since I obviously have not tested infinite possibilities. Who here has the wind tunnel and/or computing resources to design near infinite possibilities from scratch? If so, can I come over? I have a 1994 Suburban with a few more details to work out.

I still am waiting for people to build aero add on devices better than the things I have built for the vehicles I built them for. And when they do, I will applaud them and ask how they designed them. And that would definately influence my next build.

When you are pouring hundreds to thousands of hours into a build, you take these design details seriously. You read literature. You buy books. You do the best you can with the resources you have.

Then you post what you did on the internet to "give back." Where you are told your design is stupid, its basis is flawed, you are lying about your MPG, you picked the wrong vehicle, you arent using the vehicle right, etceteta. Its great fun to be insulted and called a liar... Meanwhile nobody has built anything better...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aardvarcus For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-04-2020), roosterk0031 (12-03-2020)