View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 01:38 PM   #221 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,238 Times in 4,664 Posts
engineering papers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
You know, anyone reading this would think the template just dominates current aerodynamic textbooks and papers - and not that it is barely mentioned!

If you want scientific research opinions, why don't you go and read the aero textbooks for yourself? Start with the best - Aerodynamics of Road Vehicles, 5th edition, and see how much space they devote to 'optimal shapes' - two pages in 1300.

Find me some SAE engineering papers that talk about how the template - or any other similar shape - was used in the aero development of cars.

Find me a single professional aerodynamicist that uses a template when they develop cars - or even one who subscribes to the notion than any template could be used!

Seriously, you ask for research papers and yet you - and no-one else - can provide even one SAE paper that supports the notion of a template in the way it is is used in this group.

You want research papers? Go and read them. Maybe start with the couple of hundred SAE papers I read when researching my book.

You're in Germany hunting for a job - why don't you go and talk to some professional car aerodynamicists and learn some real information rather than believing rubbish on a web discussion group?

(And it's very funny that when I show in a video how absurd the template is (you know, the one in the tools section of this site, the one that is used here all the time), people then just suggest using another template!)
AERODYMAMIK DES KRAFTFAHRZEUGS, Volumes 1 & 2 is what you're after.
I guarantee that you'll be stuck in an intellectual cul de sac until you immerse yourself in it. Hucho used it. You can too!