View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
smallie
EcoModding Lurker

Jazz Cat - '19 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 ES
90 day: 48.82 mpg (US)
The Mirage got an oil change today. It is currently at 1,422 miles but the service reminder was on. Since it was overdue due to time and not mileage, It is quite possible that it had never had an oil change.

I also replaced the license plate lights with some Sylvania Zevo 194 LED bulbs that I happened to already have. They use 1 watt together vs 10 watts from the stock bulbs. Obviously I do not expect any fuel economy gains from this but I already had the bulbs. They are exponentially brighter than the stock bulbs too. You can really see them lighting up the ground behind the car whereas the stock ones you could barely see at all. The Sylvania LEDs are the way to go. I have had too many issues with cheapo LED bulbs either not working or being dimmer than the OEM bulbs. Some of the cheap ones even burn out if you put them in the wrong way at first. The Sylvania ones don't do that. I plan to get the Sylvania brake, reverse and side marker lights as my budget allows.

Today I also went ahead and ordered the ScanGauge E through the site store here as well as the mount for it. Other than the tach, speedo and fuel level, this car only has dummy lights so the ScanGauge was needed to monitor instant MPG and coolant temp.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smallie For This Useful Post:
Ecky (12-11-2020), freebeard (12-05-2020), Stubby79 (12-05-2020)