View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 09:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
BLSTIC
Master EcoModder

Delivery 'Boy - '86 Suzuki Mighty Boy
90 day: 37.15 mpg (US)

SkipSwift - '13 Suzuki Swift GL
90 day: 35.44 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post

I find it interesting you have two similar vehicles in your sig, and the older one you pull slightly better mpg out of. I know the sig vehicles are pretty old for the fuel logs so maybe you don't have them any more. We don't really get anything sub compact here, I figured with such a small engine they'd get a bit better mpg, maybe the emission standards are strict in AU?
Correct, I don't have them any more. The Mighty Boy was at 300,000km or something equally ridiculous for a carburettor equipped 800cc vehicle. The engine had a blown head gasket that entire time and may or may not have had a gearbox that did 5500rpm at 100km/h (no tacho). That car had no emissions standards. The Swift weighed in at 1000kg and was modern in every way. It's important to note that both cars were driven almost exclusively for short trips on a tight schedule in what was effectively the city and the driving was not particularly economical. The Swift could get as low as 5l/100km when I was on a road trip, with AC and lots of overtaking. This is about 47mpg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyrabbit
In God we trust. All others: bring data