View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 02:12 AM   #41 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I moved my shed most of the way today. I soaked the dirt a couple of times, but that only does so much. I put on those almost-new and too-small boots so that my feet did not get cold and muddy. They worked adequately. I realized that the ground in front of the door was lower, so I removed the rest of the grass next to the shed and tried to remove the next couple of feet in front, but my hands were hurting excessively, so I decided to make do.

I couldn't find my big yellow tow strap or my big yellow cargo strap. I broke my Harbor Freight winch, but neither Home Depot nor Lowe's showed anything in-stock, so I bought a four-ton winch from Harbor Freight.

When will I use that again?!

Somehow even their half-inch-thick rope is only rated for a couple hundred pounds, so I bought a $30 ATV rope.

Since the front-left corner was muddy, I jacked up the back-right corner, positioned the roller, and removed the cinder blocks.

The whole side was up in the air, so I didn't need to return and jack up the front-right again!

The back corner was more manageable than I expected.

I didn't realize that I was supposed to double up the cable. I didn't want to redo the rope, so I didn't double up until I had moved the shed enough.

I didn't center the front-right roller and it started to slide out, but it was also too far back, so I released the winch, jacked up the front corner, moved the roller, removed the jack, doubled up the winch, and resumed pulling the shed.

Apparently I didn't drive the digging bar far enough into the frozen dirt, which is hard at the best of times. Without any warning it went from 45° to 90°, so I released the winch, and came inside.

After I took care of my brother I went back out and removed the bar. I don't look forward to driving it further into the frozen dirt Monday morning, but I am sure that it would be even harder if both the bar and the dirt were twenty degrees!

I moved the shed diagonally, but it also rotated, so once I get the front corner in place I will need to move the back end.

So, I need to drive in the digging bar twice. The last time I removed the gates, folded in my mirrors, and parked my Civic in the back yard.

I am not sure that suddenly fixing my HX makes sense right now, but it sounds more enjoyable than pounding a digging bar two feet into frozen dirt, removing it, and then repeating!

I think that I am seeing three clients on Monday because these slackers don't want therapy on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day!

I still have one teleclient scheduled. He wanted therapy on Thanksgiving!

I just started seeing him a month ago. I saw two new teleclients this week, which is nice, and then I saw my other in-person client for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Our boss is giving us a $100 bonus instead of having a Christmas party.

Hey, here is a crazy idea! Instead of driving a steel bar 2 feet I drill holes at an angle into a 2x4 and drive multiple pieces of rebar 1 foot into the ground!

Is there anything like rebar, but sharp?