View Single Post
Old 12-21-2020, 04:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
JulianEdgar
Banned

Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange4boy View Post
I did notice that most of the "abuse" you claim was all generated in a thread in which you misrepresent "The Template" and used divisive language. Not defending it, just an observation. If I were trying to get clicks by any means, that's what I would do.
If I were trying to get clicks, I'd agree with all the BS here and we'd be all one happy family. And one of Aerohead's pieces of personal abuse was directed at another forum member, not me.

Quote:
No, but welcome to the internet. What are you proposing to do about it? Aggressively accuse and insult each other until the disinformation magically disappears? Censor posts? Who will police that? Who will scour this forum and remove content that is incorrect or non factual? Who will issue ecomodder licences on giving advice? Are you a trained aerodynamicist? Is Aerohead? All I know is you seem to be people and you are on the internet. As always, I will treat everything I read on here with skepticism including what you, aerohead and everyone else posts.

I'm not defending Aerohead, I think you both have gone over the line in your battle, but I'm appealing to both of you stop getting into pissing fights. I'm realizing that's pretty pointless on my part. You both seem to enjoy this greatly. If so, carry on but it makes picking out the important information difficult and annoying and the personal insults, general statements, (the cult) and petty bickering are very off-putting and more importantly, counter productive to changing minds.
Aerohead spreads vast amounts of misinformation here, stuff that is completely wrong. You don't seem to understand that. What do I intend to do about that? While I can be bothered, to rebut it. Perhaps because you are not familiar with the subforum, you also don't seem to realise that there are several people who agree with me, and who are also pointing out the major errors that Aerohead spreads. (Not surprisingly, they're also the people who have been reading current aero references.)

Quote:
Most people on here are familiar with empiricism. Testing and empiricism have been encouraged in this community since the beginning.

I am sorry, but again you don't seem to be at all familiar with the forum - and I am only ever referring to the aerodynamics section. Until recently, almost no testing of aerodynamic development was occurring. No pressure testing, no throttle stop drag testing, no lift/downforce testing - just completely ineffective coastdowns and some tuft testing. Instead, making guesses from drawings was being actively encouraged as the best way of going about aero modification.

Quote:
Do you have convincing and reliable empirical evidence that ecomodder is a cult besides individual anecdotal examples? That would be excellent information to back up your claim!
Now you're not even quoting me correctly - pot, kettle, black. I said: "Ecomodder has been described to me as 'being like a cult' - and there are certainly some similarities!". And I stand by that.