View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 05:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
RedDevil
Master EcoWalker

Red Devil - '11 Honda Insight Elegance
Team Honda
90 day: 49.01 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,454 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubby79 View Post
My kid is a couple of months older than Ecomodder? Weird...I must have started lurking soon after this place first came in to existence.
My firstborn too! And he was premature so it could/should have been closer still.

I wasn't into ecomodding until well after my daughter was born (we sometimes call them 'kid 1' and 'kid 2' for fun, especially in the company of strangers. The looks )
Her birth was car related though, as the very first trip we took in the Hyundai I10 we won in a lottery was to the hospital to get her born. We did not focus much on our new car's features during that trip...
Only when my wife quit her job in 2012 and I went to work fulltime again and therefore had to drive more did I buy the Insight and really focus on saving money by driving economically.

FF to this year; working from home I use less gas than ever before. No more modding necessary other than putting the foam pipes back in to block the lower grille.

I did some other things though like helping to save a wounded common buzzard i found on a walk 2 days ago:

I'll check with Animal Rescue in a week or so whether the bugger made it.

I saw another buzzard up in a tree right above me today. It waited patiently while I was fiddling with my phone to start the camera app and only took off a second before i was ready to take the picture.
It was huge!

Oh, and happy 13th birthday Ecomodder!

For confirmation go to people just like you.
For education go to people unlike yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to RedDevil For This Useful Post:
skyking (01-03-2021)