Thread: Next Vehicle?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 12:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stubby79
Master EcoModder

Firefly EV - '98 Pontiac Firefly EV
90 day: 107.65 mpg (US)

Little Boy Blue - '05 Toyota Echo
90 day: 33.35 mpg (US)

BlueZ - '19 Nissan 370Z Sport
90 day: 17.19 mpg (US)
Ahh...err...umm...this hurts my head.

Rather narrow choices...

If I had to have a big old V8, I'd sooner be driving a Chevy. At least then I'd be able to do the work and get ahold of the parts cheap enough, should it require anything major.

There would have to be one heck of a good reason to...not only towing, but I'd need my kids to all be huge football players or something. I don't have that excuse. I might go for a crew cab pickup instead.

Not a fan of SUVs...they come across as the worst of both worlds. At least those hybrids Ecky brought up get as good of gas mileage as a typical car.

If you're looking at older models for the affordability aspect, combined with reliability of a Toyota and as much comfort as possible, for the price, then it makes sense...probably get a lot of car for little money that way.

How much driving you do and where would be a factor...I spend more on insuring a second vehicle than I could ever save in gas, even driving the insight. Realistically, then, I ought to be driving an EV.

I'd get rid of the 3rd gen Prius and find another gen, keep the Ranger...based on a lot of assumptions of what kind of driving you do.

If you're set on only those two vehicles, I'm not sure why you're asking us for opinions...?

Edit...never mind on the last sentence...you just explained what you need.