View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 05:00 PM   #78 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,222 Times in 4,649 Posts
Hucho

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
Back to that abuse again...

No formal reference, no tech paper and no expert I've ever found supports your definition of attached flow excluding attachment caused by downwash.

A great example of where Aerohead believes he is right and everyone else is wrong.

The significance is, of course, that this error then leads to further errors and erroneous theories.
Hucho dispelled everything you've advocated, however, for some reason you came away from the book without comprehending it.
It has nothing to do with me, and everything to do with fluid mechanics.
From my perspective it's as if comments are specifically designed to appear so inflammatorily ignorant, they are guaranteed to impel only a strongly emotional response from the recipient, which can then be employed as ammunition to paint a character flaw upon the respondent by the commentator, as the sole aim. This is my experience.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aerodynamics for us is about profile drag.
Profile drag is about pressure drag.
Pressure drag is about separation.
Control the separation and you win all the marbles.
And if it's about profile drag, then it's about profiles which create it, or not.
That's where the dimensional analytics come in. They're a road map, just like Hucho said, in between the lines.