View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 06:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
Whitey
EcoModding Former Lurker

2018 VW Alltrack S Manual - '18 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack (Manual) S
90 day: 32.29 mpg (US)
I'm Still Here...

Howdy, folks.

For the first time EVER (for my main wheels), my oil next oil change (in February) will be based on time rather than mileage. I haven't been thinking much about ecomodding lately since I haven't been driving much. In fact, I've been driving so little that I've switched to using "sport" mode in town instead of driving my Alltrack in "eco" mode. I don't know when I'll see what impact the change has on fuel efficiency; a tank of gas lasts for months!

When Winter's gone, my 1979 Coupe DeVille will start splitting time with my Alltrack. I had done some mods to the Caddy long ago when it was my daily driver, and it might be fun to tweak it again if I have reason to drive it somewhat regularly 2021.

With my first '79 Coupe DeVille, I swapped the 425 for a 512 (and some other goodies). My MPGs went *UP* by almost 3--even though I wasn't exactly shy with the throttle. I still have that engine, but I'm not up to swapping it into my current Caddy at this time. Any ecomodding suggestions you may have for the 425 set-up will be welcome. If I start ecomodding with it again, I'll log everything in my garage here.

-Doug "Whitey" Jackson