View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 06:04 AM   #130 (permalink)
AeroMcAeroFace
Long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
4) They also discuss how, ' little data is available on the effects of streamlined tails on non-axisymmetric bodies, whether representative of road vehicles or not.' Guess they don't know about EcoModer.com.
5) The 'Windsor' body they investigated doesn't represent a 'real' automobile either. So that's problematic.
6) I wouldn't recommends NASA's Project Shoebox as an example of boat-tailed 'squareback' vehicles, as it's architecture is problematic.
7) Spirit of EcoModder demonstrated up to a 62% drag reduction by just following the old timers.
4) Or maybe they dismiss it due to results not being scientifically rigorous, not thought out well, not founded in science, based on flawed assumptions? Many reasons other than ignorance I can think of.

5) It is strange that you keep telling us that the template(s) (of which there are now 8) are universally applicable, but all of a sudden the windsor body is the wrong one?
6)same answer as 5)

7) do you have actual evidence for that claim? As far as I can tell, your evidence is based on a highly blocked wind tunnel, which is okay for streamlined shapes but not spirit of ecomodder. You believe it to be streamlined (streamlined means no separation) so that evidence relies on your belief.
The Following User Says Thank You to AeroMcAeroFace For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-08-2021)