View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 03:00 PM   #1055 (permalink)
hayden55
Master EcoModder

Sport Utility Prius - '10 Toyota Prius II
90 day: 52.98 mpg (US)

300k Sequoia 4WD - '01 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4wd
90 day: 20.19 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I always wonder why people would build a house right on the street when they have so much property, but then it is the cheaper option. Less driveway to build, less distance to run utilities, etc.

Build a bigger house on the street, or build a smaller one further away from it?
I used to live in a house right on the street right beside my neighbors with about 6ft between us on each side. What a sucky way to build a house. The back yard and sides of the house were useless since we were all on top of each other (for me since I need to park stuff) and the back yard was larger but you couldn't get anything back there.

I originally thought about building a house but way over my head and abilities right now, but yes if I did it I would aim for a rectangular or square lot, push the house to one side, and have a ton of usable space. Coincidentally thats how these people did. The house is pushed to the right near the neighbor about 5ft off their fence with a lot of half an acre for use for other activities.