View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 10:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Fat Charlie
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Use the rental truck so you don't scratch the paint in the bed of your $50,000 pimpmobile. Me? I need a 2500 to haul my ego to work and back, and it's got to be a diesel because my balls are so huge. I also don't trust anything less than LT tires with that kind of load.

I had a full size upright freezer in the back of my Legacy, the hatch closed just fine. My wife's minivan carries either the kids and some of their friends or 4x8 sheets in the back, also with the hatch closed. Meanwhile, of all the manly rigs (sorry, "nice things") I see on the road, I think I know one guy with an 8' bed- and he doesn't have a cap. I don't have to tie anything down or tarp it in the minivan.

I worked with a guy (divorced, lived alone) who bought a brand new quad cab with a V8. He went on a hunting trip once a year with his two brothers and they took turns driving, so that's one trip every 3 years for his truck- and no car on the planet can fit 3 adults, 3 bags and 3 rifles. The other "practical" use was in case other family flew in to visit he could drive them and they wouldn't have to rent a car.

I'm sorry, but maybe 90% of truck buyers are lying to themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

The Following User Says Thank You to Fat Charlie For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (01-20-2021)