View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 01:49 PM   #137 (permalink)
AeroMcAeroFace
Long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
1) Yep, Hucho's a real slacker. His PhD in mechanical engineering, running a climatic wind tunnel for a decade, spending decades around automotive aerodynamics, and working under some of the folks who literally wrote the books on aerodynamics obviously would have no credibility when recommending a pathway to low drag.
5) Would you like to offer a specific citation where I ever claimed this attribution to universality?
And have you actually looked at the Windsor body? Does it share anything even resembling a production passenger car?

* Spirit began at Cd 0.5016, and went to Cd 0.195 as a BEV, unibody, 'camera' truck.

* Based upon Hucho's metrics, Spirit's top speed would improve from 96-mph, to 115-mph. ( In Tucson, Arizona, I accelerated to catch, and then settle in long enough at 108-mph, to record the US GOVT license plate of a US Homeland Security, Chevy Tahoe cruising eastbound at that speed. I would have had to exceed 108- mph in order to pursue, and then catch up to the Tahoe. Think whatever you want.)
As Vman455 so excellently wrote: "I've mentioned this before here, but when I emailed Hucho directly last year and asked him what he would recommend to reduce the drag of my car, he said nothing about any sort of template, tapered tail, half-body of revolution, or extension at all."

Mis-interpreting books written by experts and then quoting them is not evidence.

5) The fact that whenever anyone new comes on this forum, often the first thing you say is use the template. I don't remember, ever, you saying don't use the template, it won't work on your car. That is certainly implied universality.

And have you actually looked at the Windsor body? Does it share anything even resembling a production passenger car? How about, have you seen the template in 3d form, does it share anything even resembling a production passenger car? The windsor body looks more like a car than the template does. You can't suddenly change standards and claim one body to not be like a car and the other one to be like a car.

Wasn't the top speed as a claim of drag reduction to sub 0.2 shown to be not true by both Julian and R.H Barnard?