View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 08:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianEdgar View Post
Where are you planning on placing them and what is their function?
Sorry for the delay.

I plan on placing them on my kammback.

They will probably increase drag more than anything, but I'm willing to add them even if they do only that, because I like the look. ( I can easily cover over them )

I plan to test how they work later.

I'd like to see if I can channel some of the air inside the kammback to create less vaccum back there.
I know that the amount of air the ducts are going to push out is most likely like blowing with your mouth on a raging forest fire. ( useless )
I plan to add flexible ducting leading from the NACA ducts to the middle of the dead zone, but for now, will just have them open. The air will exit under the kammback, instead of over the top.

Besides liking the look of the NACA ducts, I think they may be able to serve yet another function.
I have seen how reverse NACA ducts work, and they would help to relieve trapped air from inside the kammback if there is a windstorm.

Already, I have an open area in the kammback where my 3rd brake light is, and it actually seems to work to relieve trapped air. The kammback has survived some pretty heavy gusts ( 30 mph ? ) and not ripped off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210110-184436_Gallery.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	226.1 KB
ID:	29948  
The Following User Says Thank You to Cd For This Useful Post:
gil (03-05-2021)