View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
gone9
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for your folks input. I kind of thought it had the boat tail look but thought more or less double checked my double checked numbers and they were spot on. I can't really remember a headwind it was a fairly nice day clear skies and un-eventful drive except on the way back... rock slide/detour and some white knuckle driving on very sharp turns/narrow roads till back on the highway. I definatley made some followers very mad but I didn't haven't any opportunity to pull over safely for about an hour .

I will say it was a nice surprise and im certainly not expecting to take the trail on any road-trips in the hopes of it helping but just a fun little story i guess. The trailers primary service is a mobile business in summer/early fall and then i park the trailer and do drop-offs by appointment in winter/early spring. I run a rust prevention business using Woolwax. Super popular in Canada/NorthEast but the west coast didn't start using all the chemical de-icer fluids until around 10 yrs ago. Now folks are seeing the carnage in the undercarriage. I on average hand calculate 14mpg for the very stop n go summer driving wile in service but not much I can do about that outside of driving easy and trying to think ahead more for the appointments and schedule.

If I ever get a hankerin i may try a couple shorter trips with and without the trailer and report back to see if it stayed consistent. We have some really nice long straight stretches with very few stop lights/hills that are all under 1 hour.
The Following User Says Thank You to gone9 For This Useful Post:
freebeard (01-11-2021)